New Subdivision Development Receives Approval
Date Posted: October 31, 2024
Posted In: Projects,
From Mid Rivers Newsmagazine: The Cottleville Trails subdivision G, H, and I phases were approved at the Oct. 16 Board of Aldermen meeting. This came after months of updates and a high-volume public hearing where resident concerns were addressed regarding the development of villages located South of Hwy. N and east of Hwy. K.
At that Aug. 21 public hearing, residents expressed frustration over high-density developments and concerns about the safety and well-being of those who live and work in the area. Bill Reichmuth, a retired police officer and Castlebrook HOA president had said one of the amenities – an open-style golf cart parking and charging carport – would create a “thieves’ den.”
Applicant Jeff Kolb had previously updated the plans to remove a five-story apartment building and replace it with 84-for-sale townhomes. He also agreed that changes could be made to the golf cart parking.
His partner, Steve Valentine of Lombardo Homes, addressed the golf cart parking safety concerns at the Sep. 18 Board of Aldermen meeting. He displayed an updated version that placed gated access around the structure.
Mayor Bob Ronkoski and the board discussed the new design, noting that the bars did not offer a pleasing look or feel and requested an enclosed building.
Valentine said he would prefer the golf cart parking altogether if it had to be enclosed.
